- Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to: Senior Project Production Execution
- Location: South Gate, CA
Supervises all aspects of CIE’s supply chain encompassing the import/export and intermodal shipping of CIE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and report budget cost, accuracy and timeliness targets to meet CIE production schedules.
- Select carriers for all aspects of transportation(import/export/intermodal/LTL) and negotiate rates and contracts with carriers.
- Keep up-to-date reports and communicate internally when needed on shipping carriers, routes and rates and any changes to them.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Analyzes existing systems and develops new ones to improve efficiency.
- Troubleshoots and develop current logistic systems to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Manages Logistics Coordinators on their daily task assignments.
- Ensure import/export shipments have proper customs clearance and paperwork submitted in a timely fashion.
- Works in conjunction with department heads to determine logistics pivot requirements due to ongoing changes in supply chain to meet production schedule.
- Oversee and report CIE Logistics as to pertains to Special Projects.
- Daily communications with product/shipping vendors for daily tracking/tracing/scheduling of deliveries of goods to CIE.
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Supply Chain Manager as it pertains to all aspects of the supply chain process specifically import/export/intermodal/LTL transportation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent time management skills
- Substantial experience working with electronic data
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Proven knowledge and experience with customs clearance requirements and process
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment has the typical office characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work area is usually quiet.
Other Job Tasks Assigned by Management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.