- Job Title: Safety & Maintenance Manager
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Senior Director Operations
Oversees maintenance of buildings, property, tools, and mobile assets for uninterrupted production flow. Ensures compliance with all company Safety Standards, OSHA standards, and EPA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow instruction as given by senior management
- Ensure completion daily maintenance to equipment used in production cycle
- Assure Quality Control
- Maintains and performs daily safety check on all forklifts
- Ensures quality and timely repairs to all company owned vehicles and equipment
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards and all EPA regulations
- Maintains and cares for all tools and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness of all maintenance areas
- Responsible for all safety related issues including training, inspections, documentation, and enforcement
- Documents all injuries and assists HR/Payroll Coordinator in processing work-related injuries
- Provides support to HR/Payroll Coordinator, Leads, and Production Manager as needed
- Updates reports in Excel, all safety rosters, MSDS, and all documentation required by OSHA
- Ensures clean, safe work environment in production spaces
- All other duties as required
Serves on the Safety Committee.
Part of the Emporia Management Team, directly responsible for those in the Maintenance Department and contractors.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
High School graduate and 5 years plus supervisory experience managing safety and/or maintenance; ability to adapt to changing requests for repairs. Requires computer skills, proficiency using office software applications – word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail etc. Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Normal physical condition to perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment has the typical industrial manufacturing characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job.
The noise level in the work area may require hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.