- Job Title: Quality Manager
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Engineering, Quality & Warranty
- Last Updated: August, 2021
We are looking to immediately hire an experienced Quality Manager to set up quality system and implement quality processes that result in high-quality products. Ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before deliver to customer.
Quality Manager need to have proven knowledge and experience of quality system, quality tools, statistic skill, continuous improvement methods. Other necessary skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. Ultimately, you’ll be the one to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to meet the requirement of quality standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage quality system to ensure high-quality massive production.
- Develop effective quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Coach, mentor and train quality staff in quality management principles and procedures.
- Understand the production process, procedure and work with manufacturing engineer to generate and manage SOP’s and work instructions to ensure quality of products.
- Perform material management for suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Work with engineer, production team and quality staff to ensure overall processes are robust and any production problems are quickly solved.
- Provide quality support to production team to achieve production effective.
- Apply continuous improvement methods to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Responsible for risk management strategy to enhance profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSME or related bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in quality control at a manufacturing company required.
- Experience in an automotive company strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of industry-appropriate concept and method such as quality planning, measuring dimension, problem solving and examining functionality.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and IATF 16949; Ability to read, interpret, apply and implement requirements.
- Ability to work both independently without supervision and be a leader of quality team, demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Overtime expected and required on short notice, with flexibility based on production schedules.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Manage the daily activities consisting of second shift production.
Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment has the typical office characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work area is usually quiet.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.