- Job Title: Production Manager
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to: Senior Director Operations
To coordinate the production and assembly of products within acceptable quality standards at the lowest possible cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Directions as given by the Senior Production Manager.
- Direct oversight, training, coaching, motivating, developing, disciplining of personnel related to Plant Operations, Logistics, Quality Control, Parts, and Maintenance.
- Applies knowledge of production methods and procedures, capabilities of machines and equipment and product technology.
- Establishes production and quality control standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in accordance with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate’s production activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of staffing, machines and materials.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revise’s production schedules and priorities to best meet customer needs.
- Consults with engineering personnel regarding modifications of work orders and prints.
- Informs management of production statistics and recommends forecasts for future production.
- Develops department budgets and cost controls.
- Develops and maintains billing of materials for products manufactured.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards and EPA regulations
First Shift Staff
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Prior business experience required. Prior manufacturing and computer experience helpful.
Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is on the production floor, and the typical office characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work area is usually quiet.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.