- Job Title: National Account Manager
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to: EVP, Sales and Marketing
- Last Updated: April, 2020
The National Account Manager ( NAM )will evaluate business opportunities to optimize the company’s product portfolio through analysis of target markets, customer business challenges, and the competitive market trends. The NAM will apply broad knowledge of product capabilities and service offerings. Responsible for developing project plans designed to address customer needs to expand market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growth of chassis sales to Fleets and Truck Load Carriers(TLC) through building strategic approach
- Understand and respond to customer delivery needs by interfacing with internal departments
- Manage client relationships strategically based on business and marketing objectives with existing National accounts(NA)
- Create in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures to EVP to ensure effective handling of customer in compliance with all related government regulations
- Understand and support all product and service offerings available to North American customers
- Liaise with corporate marketing and the field personnel, forging a partnership and open line of communication
- Work with EVP to develop regional specific marketing programs utilizing allocated marketing budget to achieve annual sales goals
- Become the marketing expert for fleets/ TLC/ NA, provide consultative input and recommendations
- Facilitate the marketing planning process for Fleet/ TLC/ NA customers
- Conduct ongoing management of plans including budget allocations, customer targets, qualified lead management and ROI metrics
- Develop regional marketing campaigns, training, trade events, and customer events to support sales goals
- Uses industry knowledge and market trends to formulate product marketing strategies
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 3 years of truck or automotive industry experience
- Solid planning, business and financial acumen
- Lead and embrace changes that are customer responsive and is market driven
- Capacity to strive and lead with changing market dynamics
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Experience collaborating across organizational boundaries
- Value different perspectives & ideas to foster an inclusive work environment
- Accountability for results, is passionate and driven
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Knowledge of market analysis and marketing strategy development techniques
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a self-starter mentality
- Bachelor’s or College Degree in Marketing or related degree
- A minimum of 5 years of prior Marketing/Sales and product development experience required
- Strong Computer skills with proficiency using office software applications- Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Willing to travel at least 55% of the time.
The work environment has the typical office characteristics essential to perform the required functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work area is usually quiet.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.